   RE: Real stuff

  • From: Gavin Thomas Nicol <gtn@ebt.com>
  • To: Xml-Dev <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:59:49 -0500

> Hello,
>
> I just noticed an XML server. Is there any other one like this? I mean
> servers able to process real-time XML not off line processed document. The
> server handling the XML link below is a high capacity server. I
> do not know
> if they are using XSLT to transform  the XML document on the server side.
>
> the link to check is:
> http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/00/11/21/001121hnnok.xml

Unless I am mistaken, this is our product, DynaBase. It is an
XML repository with dynamic composition capabilities... and has been
around in various guises for a number of years.

It has differential versioning, incremental indexing (structured
indexing down to the element and attribute level), editions,
etc. etc.

Currently it uses an event-based approach to transformation, though
the system does expose a DOM-like interface (documents are stored
in post-parse form). In upcoming releases full DOM, JAVA,
and XSL support will be the mainstay.