   RE: the Web reaches 10

  • From: Karl Best <karl.best@oasis-open.org>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 09:10:23 -0500

It was at the ACM HyperText conference in San Antonio, Texas, December of
1991, that the web was first announced publicly (I believe). I was there
getting my first taste of hypertext and SGML. For some reason the picture of
a lone NeXT cube, with a small stack of 8.5x11" photocopied handouts next to
it, sitting on an otherwise empty folding table in the expo room has always
stuck in my mind.

Oh, how I wish I had saved one of those handouts :-)

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
978.667.5115 x206