   Re: Disabling DTD loading

  • From: Rob Lugt <roblugt@elcel.com>
  • To: Ravi Kumar <rkumar@borland.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 09:13:08 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ravi Kumar" <rkumar@borland.com>
To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 2:43 AM
Subject: Disabling DTD loading

Ravi Kumar wrote:

> The issue of "Disabling DTD load" had come up in the past.
> The only solution offered (which I am aware off) was using: XCatalog /
> EntityResolver with xerces.
>
> I would like to know if there other means to solving the problem?
> Particularly, anything parser neutral?

If you are using a SAX-based parser, you can prevent it from loading the
external DTD subset by setting a "feature".  E.g:

// prevent parser from reading external PEs - including external DTD subset
parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/external-parameter-entities",
false);

Regards
Rob Lugt