Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: Sankaranarayanan K V <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: email@example.com
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:53:54 +0530
Are there any tools which can take a data format specification in XML
and generate code to parse messages conforming to that?
Let me explain what I'm looking for with an example.
Say, I have got a message 8 bytes in length with two integers a and b.
I am looking for a tool using which I can specify
(1) the format of the message (e.g., sequence of type, length, value)
and get either of the following:
(1) generated code using which I can access named fields
e.g., I can write
(2) a library which can read format specifications at run-time and
enable access to data fields:
e.g., I may write:
I would like to the data format grammar specified in XML to have similar
powers as that of ASN.1. For example, I should be able to specify
complex data types like structures and sequences.
Sankaranarayanan K. V. | firstname.lastname@example.org
Motorola India Electronics Ltd | http://www.mot.com/miel