   RE: ISO standardization & availability

  • From: Didier PH Martin <martind@netfolder.com>
  • To: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>, abrahams@acm.org,XMLDev list <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:13:12 -0500

Hello Len,

[post about ISO and W3C...]

Slowly but surely we see a lot of improvment. Both organisms are learning to
work together and I am confident that in the future we'll see more
collaborative work. They have to, because, the 21st century brings the
computer in other information appliances like TV sets, game sets, phones,
etc.. It also requires some standardization at a new level. For instance, in
2010 what will be the standard for information going through a TV set? I do
not speak here of the actual broadcast but of interactive content? Who said
an HDTV cannot include a Web browser? Thus, W3C has to work with ISO, and
vise versa. Gee, I woke up as an optimist today :-)

cheers

Didier PH Martin
Email: martind@netfolder.com
Conferences: xml devcon 2000 (http://www.xmldevcon2000.com)