   Re: "RDF + Topic Maps" = The Future

  • From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
  • To: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:21:17 +0100

Jonathan Borden wrote:

>     Remember that raw RDF is a generic and low level mechanism for
> representing statement triples (predicate,subject,object) where the
> predicate and subject are resources and the object is a resource or literal.

Just to add my 0,02 Euros to what Jonathan is saying, it is probably
over simplistic, but I tend to see RDF as a XML generic syntax to
describe statements and Topic Maps as one of the applications that could
have used this syntax even though it is currently following its own
path.

I feel therefore confused by a discussion that sounds somewhat similar
to discussing if one should live in a house or in a set of bricks :=)

Eric