   RE: "RDF + Topic Maps" = The Future

  • From: Michel Biezunski <mb@infoloom.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 23:25:42 +0100

There is an ongoing initiative that has been started at
the Extreme Markup Conference in Montreal last August which
is bringing together the authors of the two standards, RDF and
Topic Maps, and which aims at producing a unique specification
which will articulate both approaches.

We are optimistic that we'll get something work but it takes some time to
figure out the details of it. It is still too early for
us to publish something concrete about this work, but I wanted to let
you know that we are doing it.

The discussion on these aspects is important to us, because it gives
us input about what users of the two specs are looking for.

Michel Biezunski, co-editor of ISO 13250(Topic Maps) and of
XTM(TopicMaps.org's XML Topic Maps).

Michel Biezunski, InfoLoom
Tel +33 1 44 59 84 29 Cell +33 6 03 99 25 29
Email: mb@infoloom.com  Web: www.infoloom.com