   RE: RDF? TM? (was Re: Didier's lab report)

  • From: Didier PH Martin <martind@netfolder.com>
  • To: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 10:00:50 -0500

Hi Uche

Uche said:
I just hope you're not mistaking me for anyone in the W3C.  I'm just a
lowly developer as you are.

Didier replies:
I know who you are Uche, I am not a newbe to the XML-Dev world you know ;-)
My comment was more a comment or a statement that we poor XML developers
depends on the gods (W3C) since they write the recommendation and the XML
developers follow the rule to respect these recommendations.

Uche said:
I agree that some aspects of RDF's heavy reliance on namespaces can be a
weakness.  But I want to point out that although the solution does impair
readability, I think it's still a valid solution.

Besides, if you don't mind one level of additional processing, it's quite
easy to embed the rules about the non-differentiated properties into an
attendant stylesheet.

In fact, the product I work on, 4Suite Server, provides a mechanism for
establishing RDF metadata from arbitrary XML using rules encoded with
XPath.

Didier replies:
Interesting Uche, let us know when you'll have completed this new tool. I
take a look at it with a lot of interests.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin
Email: martind@netfolder.com
Conferences: xml devcon 2000 (http://www.xmldevcon2000.com)