   Re: "RDF + Topic Maps" = The Future & RDF? TM?

  • From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
  • To: Nikita Ogievetsky <nogievet@cogx.com>,Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>,Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:03:21 -0500

Nikita Ogievetsky wrote:

> > <vocab:abbr>
> >   <vocab:key>WML</vocab:key>
> >   <vocab:full>Wireless Markup Language</vocab:full>
> > </vocab:addr>
>
> OK.
> Now again, what is "abbr"? "key"? "full"?
> This is why I am asking about RDF Schema.
> Lets say I have another document with the following fragment:
>
> <myvocab:abbriv>
>    <myvocab:key>WML</vocab:key>
>    <myvocab:desc>Wireless Markup Language</vocab:desc>
> </myvocab:addriv>
>
> Can machine even guess to suggest that these fragments might be
> talking about the same thing?

<Class ID="abbriv">
    <subClassOf rdf:resource="voccab:abbriv" />  <!-- shorthand for the
URI -->
</Class>

<Property ID="key">
    <subPropertyOf resource="vocab:key"/>
</Property>

..

or alternatively using DAML+OIL/DAML-ONT

<Class ID="abbriv">
    <daml:equivalentTo resource="vocab:abbriv"/>
</Class>

Jonathan Borden
The Open Healthcare Group
http://www.openhealth.org