   Re: A Light Rant On Ontological Commitment

  • From: Martin Bryan <mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com>
  • To: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:13:01 +0000

> Interesting.  Do you folks see any chance to recharge the moribund ISO BSR
> project?  Or any replacement?

Actually ISO 16668:2000 Basic Semantic Registry has recently been published,
but this only covers the rules, not the specific entries. We have been
reviewing their suitability for more general applicability and suggesting
some improvements to them. Unfortunately, however, there are still not plans
for a public interface to the entries in the registry. We live in hope!

(Some of this work is being fed into the ebXML initiative, but this is
identifying a further level of generalization that is required. It will be
interesting to see how the ebXML findings on the role of context feeds back
into the BSR.)

Martin Bryan