   RE: local, global (was various ontology, RDF, topic maps)

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:26:32 -0600

From: Uche Ogbuji [mailto:uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com]

>> I am not an ontologist.  I can't even play one.

>Could have fooled me.  Your insights to the conversation, even when --
>especially when -- they come as quotes and citations help make it worth
>following.

Thanks, but the web is a miracle in the speed with which it enables
a fool to become an expert.  That is Internet Time at its best or
worst depending on what you think is progress.  Is the worst the best,
or is it only that simple needs should be met by simple means?

>And mind I said I'd hitchhike to see you discuss it in a panel; I didn't
>say I was looking to quote you in my next academic research paper.

Ahh rats!  That means I have to publish in a respectable journal
somewhere to keep my indexability quotient high.  So much for
my conceptual promiscuity.  It was more fun in the function to
be a bottom.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h

DGTWI:   bottom -- a distinguished object that occurs as the value
of a partial when that function is applied to arguments for which the
function make
no sense. http://logic.stanford.edu/kif/dpans.html