   Question about DOMCSS -- getOverrideStyle()

  • From: Alexey Semenov <sema@inbox.ru>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:32:51 +0300

I'm developing DOM2CSS for our own parser's and can't realize the meaning of
DocumentCSS::getOverrideStyle(...) method.

Excerption   from  W3C  Recommendation:

             "The  getOverrideStyle method provides a mechanism through which a DOM
             author  could  effect immediate *change* to the style of an
             element..."

But below:

             "This  method  is  used  to  *retrieve*  the  override style
             declaration  for  a  specified  element  and  a specified
             pseudo-element."

Thus, to "change" or to "retrieve"??
Return  value  is  the  instance  of  CSSStyleDeclaration. May be it's
assumed  that  this is the "reference" to an element style declaration
and  caller  can  further modify it, but in that case how shall I cognize
that he do it,- there's no corresponding "set" method?

Can anyone clear that?

--
Best regards,
 Alexey                          mailto:sema@inbox.ru