   Re: Content negotation in namespace URI resolution was RE: Treaty ofWula

  • From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
  • To: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 10:18:46 -0700 (MST)

> "Usage of relativeURIs as namespace names
> while conformant to the namespace rec, results in such document having no
> defined Infoset (i.e. it is not Infoset conformant)."
>
> The namespace REC hasn't been changed. See the current Infoset draft for
> language describing the deprecation of relativeURIs as namespace names.

Thanks.  That'll teach me to go back and re-read the thread.  However, I
still think the passage I quoted from the XML NS 1.0 rec goes against the
grain of the the relative URI discouragement in the Infoset draft.

> > What I would like to be hashed out is a structure for defining
> > the semantics
> > one attaches to namespaces.
>
> 	e.g. RDF Schema?

Ha ha.  I love it!  Of course I think your particulat content negotiation
ideas really only work if this expedient is taken.

Definitely food for thought.