   DTD validation

  • From: Ulhas Kudva <ulhas_k@yahoo.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 08:06:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi !

I am developing a web application that processes XML
using the MSXML parser.

The XML messages have to confirm to a standard defined
by a third party (HR-XML consortium). The consortium
has provided us with a DTD to validate the xml. The
DTD is available both as a download and as a URL on
the consortium web-site.

What is a safe approach to perform the DTD validation
? Should we use the DTD present on the consortium site
itself OR should we make a local copy of the DTD on
our web-server and validate the document against that
?

Ulhas