   Re: Namespace Dereferencing: Erratum

  • From: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>
  • To: Dan Brickley <Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 16:54:40 +0000

> You can look up rude words in WordNet

Great! That means we can insult people in RDF. Example:-

<rdf:Description about="Sean B. Palmer">
 <dc:description>
  <rdf:resource>http://xmlns.com/wordnet/1.6/Idiot </rdf:resource>
 </dc:description>
</rdf:Description>

Seriously, it's an excellent RDF database, and could have many semantic
uses.

> Dereferencing is a privilege not a right...

I suppose so... but it's a big privilege.

> > Dublin Core and RSS have no such Schemas,
> Take a closer look...

Ah, yes. I suppose as XHTML is both a human readable and machine
processable format, it becomes possible to add other bits of machine
processable data to it whilst still having it be human readable. c.f.
Screen Scraping SW Logic from XHTML:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-logic/2000Dec/0082.html

Hmmm... we seem to be reaching some sort of "fuzzy" conclusion:-

     To name or not to name: matters a great deal
     To dereference or not dereference: doesn't matter

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
http://infomesh.net/sbp/
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ [ERT/GL/PF]
"Perhaps, but let's not get bogged down in semantics."
   - Homer J. Simpson, BABF07.