   Re: Begging the Question

  • From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
  • To: Rick Jelliffe <ricko@allette.com.au>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 10:44:06 -0700 (MST)

> I have just been re-reading the Namespaces spec very carefully, and the
> conclusion I come to is that (not including the annexes) it is actually an
> extremely well-written spec (not including the annexes).

I agree that it is a very well-written spec, although with a tad more
explanation in a few areas, James Clarke's excellent elucidation would not
have been required.  But the writing quality is not the point.

> The problem is there is a need, and the namespaces spec is the last defined
> layered so people find themseleves at a dead with it.

Precisely.  The matter could be addresed in an additional layer, or in
REC-xml-names.  I'm neutral on that point.  I only suggest modifying
REC-xml-names because I imagine it's the path of least effort.