   Re: Thats me with my paranoya. Really - the last one. Re: Begging theQue

  • From: "Clark C. Evans" <cce@clarkevans.com>
  • To: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 17:57:18 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> But even these different viewpoints don't seem to come from
> respective bastions.  I don't see that this matter couldn't be easily
> reconciled.

I've always liked Tim Bray's suggestion that a catalogue could
be at the end of a URI.  Perhaps a catalogue mixed in with XHTML,
so that both human and machine readers would be able to do something
with the resource.  Put an expiration date on the catalogue, by which
intelligent cashing can be used; etc.

However frightning, it is nice to see this topic re-emerge.  Perhaps
something will be done about it.

Kind Regards,

Clark