Re: using namespaces to version

Hi Uche,

Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> I quite like Eric's proposal, and have put it into practice.

Do you use XSLT or XPath on your documents using your vocabulary?
If so, how do you deal with the XPath problems that David mentioned?

My particular problem is: I think a document should be as specific as possible about the version of a language it conforms to, ensuring that the
correct semantics are implied, and the document can be validated
properly. And yet stylesheets need to be relevant to multiple versions of
the language.

One "hack" approach is to qualify all selection statements. I think the
following works fine:

<xsl:param name="VALID_VERSION_NAMESPACES"
    select="http://www.example.com/language/1.0#
            http://www.example.com/language/1.1# " />

<xsl:template match="*">
  <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:apply-templates
        select="*[contains($VALID_NAMESPACE_VERSIONS, namespace-uri())]"/>
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

Comments?

--