Interesting article: Data-mining of the "biobibliome"

http://www.newscientist.com/dailynews/news.jsp?id=ns9999678

The final paragraph brings this article within the radar of
XML:

...The ultimate goal of scientists trying to analyse
biological information is to have computers that can read
and understand scientific papers in an intelligent way. "The
holy grail is for a computer to be able to read an article
like you or I would read it and extract the concepts and
relate them all to each other," says Masys. "But we haven't
yet got anywhere close to that automated understanding."

Jon Noring
Windspun Inc.