Re: XSD (was Re: The lists I monitor)

> I think XSD/XSDL are considered non-acronyms by some, actually.  xsd is
the
> namespace prefix, but I don't see the W3C referring to XSD.

Actually the namespace prefix by default is now "xs:" (as of the PR, see the
Schema for Schemas) which makes a little more sense but doesn't clarify the
issue.  I have seen a couple of WG members refer to W3C XML Schemas as "XS"
so maybe that is more appropriate.  I have seen some non WG members refer to
W3C XML Schemas as 'excess' but I won't get into that.

Regards,
Jeff Rafter
Defined Systems
http://www.defined.net
XML Development and Developer Web Hosting