RE: NPR, Godel, Semantic Web

>It's not that such systems will return wrong answers - it's that there are
>right answers they cannot find.  How that would echo through a system or
>whether users would even notice the missing information isn't clear.

There are reasonable techniques for handling such circumstances - e.g.
timing out ;-)
I can't remember where but it has been said more than once that the web will
never be perfect, if you allow this then the problems don't arise.

I wonder if the thing you describe could also be expressed as a kind of
halting problem???>