RE: XML-DEV MODERATORIAL

Title:

mailto:gtn@ebt.com]
> Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 11:09 AM
> To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
> Subject: RE: XML-DEV MODERATORIAL
>

> Suggestion: Perhaps the list could start a formal petition to
> OASIS asking for recognition? Not much is being asked for
> after all...just some credit where credit is due: a few
> words, and a link to an objective history of the list and
> it's achievements.

Has anyone communicated directly with Laura Walker or Karl Best about this?  I've found them to be very reasonable and helpful people in my occasional dealings with them ... what's the OASIS side of the story?  Real disagreement? Maybe we could help set them straight about the invaluable role that Peter Murray-Rust has played in the past beyond just giving the list a home .... Or do they just need to be "pinged" to get engaged in the discussion?