Public ID for Dublin Core DTD

The Dublin Core Metadata Initiative has a Proposed Recommendation for XML Encoding of Simple Dublin Core Metadata, http://dublincore.org/documents/2001/04/11/dcmes-xml/

I'm definitely not an RDF or Dublin Core guru, but I was thinking about the possibility of using it to describe DOM tests.  When reading it, I noticed it provided a DTD but did not specify a public
identifier for the DTD.

I've traded emails with one of the authors and he seems open to defining a public identifier for the DTD, but neither of us really know all the rules to do it right.  Public Identifiers seem to be a
real backwater and it would be nice if it was addressed on http://www.w3.org/addressing or somewhere comparable.

If someone who is knowledable can suggest an appropriate public ID for the DCMES-xml.dtd and any appropriate references, I would appreciate it.