Re: Namespace: what's the correct usage?

On Sat, 19 May 2001, Martin Gudgin wrote:

[sample code]
> In the above the Person instance is sometimes bound to the local name
> 'martin' and sometimes bound to the local name 'o'. So I use the type name
> for the top level and then the field names of the Person class for the child
> elements.

ASN.1/XER's approach to this problem is to use a set of rules to see which
names to use when mapping from a programming-language-style type
definition.

http://asn1.elibel.tm.fr/xml/example.htm

Note:

1) The top level element is named after the "class"
2) Everything else is generally named from the field names
3) The <children> element is defined as a sequence of ChildInformation
"objects", and some way of delimiting each of them is again needed, so
they are put into ChildInformation wrappers in the absence of a field name
(you could also go for multiple <children> elements, but that would look
odd - it's a plural, dammit!)

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell