Re: Namespace: what's the correct usage?

Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI wrote:

> Martin's example is correct. That's why I recommend (in my "XML Schema:
> DOs and DON'Ts") not to use local element declarations, or add
> elementFormDefault="qualified" to the <schema> element.

That has been pointed out and I now see. What initially surprised me what
that a 'top level' element decl would _default_ to the targetNamespace while
an element declared inside a complexType _defaults_ to no namespace.

As I've said before I can see either no namespaces e.g.

<person.name>
    <given>Jimmie</given>
    <family>Jones</family>
</person.name>

or use the same namespace for all elements in a related structure.

it is the mixing of qualified and unqualified elements that I find odd.

it is apparent that the designers of XML Schema felt otherwise, why else
would this be the default behavior (as in Martin's example)?

-Jonathan