RE: Definition of XML

From: Anthony Abbott [mailto:anthony.abbott@jupiter-ebiz.com]
>This must be a pretty basic question...
>but can anyone please point me to a succint and up-to-date definiiton of
XML?

  XML is a hierarchical data structure of text strings, readable by humans
and
software, using angle brackets and ampersands as delimiters.  If you build a
protocol on top of that, it's your responsibility to make sure any other
participants share the same protocol.  Everything else is just a meaningless
personal sylistic fetish.

-- <a href="http://kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu/~kamikaze/"> Mark Hughes </a>