Re: Namespace: what's the correct usage?

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Jeff Rafter wrote:

> > I agree, (aside from the fact that urn:x2 is not a 'legal' URI)
> > http://example.org is defined by an RFC to be used as an example URI.
>
> Sorry for perpetuating the bad URI.

urn:oid:1.2.826.1.4062548.2.0 is a valid URI, and is assigned to my mobile
phone :-)

I eagerly await a widely-implemented URN resolution protocol, but I think
it's now so late as to not be going to happen :-(

URN namespaces registry and references:

http://RFC.net/Mirrors/ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/urn-namespaces

ABS

--