RE: Picking the Tools -- Marrying processing models to data model s

On 22 May 2001 13:19:59 -0500, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> Perry isn't wrong, maybe a little elaborate.  In effect,
> a network of encapsulated nodes only says "all politics,
> (policies) are local".   Yet somewhere, predictability
> and verifiability must become a consideration for reliability.
> It must not only do something time after time, it must
> do the same thing time after time or tell me exactly when
> and what is to be different.  Otherwise, we shake instead of gavotte.

Predictability and verifiability only make sense to me in the context of
a relationship, however.  It's not something intrinsic to the
information itself, though it may well be an expectation we layer on top
of the information.

The recipient is always the one whose semantic interpretation matters -
unless, of course, they have a good reason ($$$, friendship,
convenience) to adopt the semantics of the sender as their own.