RE: XML is _post_ OO

After having read your post, I don't think there's much we disagree about.
Perhaps the only bone of contention is whether or not factoring out the data
model is in general a good and useful practice, data sharing or no. What
would be nice is a language that supports data models in conjunction with
object models, and binds the two. Microsoft's .NET skirts close to this, in
that you can (if I recall correctly) annotate datatypes with XML properties,
but the data models themselves appear to be engulfed within the code of the
application.