ANN: Course "Programming XML in Java" Web site(http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~puninj/XMLJ/)

Hello

I would like to announce the course "Programming XML in Java" web site.
http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~puninj/XMLJ/

This course was offered by RPI Department of Computer Science. I posted
these eight lectures ( http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~puninj/XMLJ/classes.html ) :

- Introduction to XML
- Creation of XML Documents
- Document Type Definitions (DTDs)
- XML Schema
- Simple API for XML (SAX)
- W3C Document Object Module (DOM)
- Extensible Style Language Transformations (XSLT)
- Resource Description Framework (RDF)

All of them are written in HTML format. They are based on the following
books:

- Java and XML by Brett Mc Laughlin O'Reilly 2000. ISBN: 0-596-00016-2
- Inside XML, by Steven Holzner. New Riders 2001. ISBN: 0-7357-1020-1
- XML Bible, by Elliotte Rusty Harold IDG Books 1999. ISBN: 0-7645-3236-7

and I also used as a reference the following documents:

- XML Schema Part 0: Primer
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/
- Resource Description Framework (RDF) Model and Syntax Specification
  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/
- Resource Description Framework (RDF) Schema Specification 1.0
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-rdf-schema-20000327/

I also posted two homeworks and solutions.

The students wrote very interesting projects using XML and Java. You can
find them at: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~puninj/XMLJ/projects.html

Feedbacks and comments are welcome.

Best regards
John Punin