Re: meta-specs (was RE: A few things I noticed about w3c's xml-sc hema)

[Bullard, Claude L (Len]

> In a relational system, it is as if one designed
> the report data, then designed the tables, then designed
> the queries that produce the reports.  Then they
> discover the business rules. Then they create the
> GUI.

A lot of legacy systems have been reconstructed just that way ( if you
include the data entry screens in the first step) - start from the reports
and screens, figure out the minimal data set you need to support them, and
go on from there.  Seems backwards, but sometimes that's all you've got.

Cheers,

Tom P