RE: A few things I noticed about w3c's xml-schema

Right on, Rick.

XML was created by the SGML community at large
and directed and made concrete by a self-selected
group of individuals, really.  No one should be
too concerned because this is all documented
stuff they can look up.

What one should and some have noted is that
there are now as there have always been,
different factions with technical points of
view.  That is normal, healthy, and completely
unavoidable.   We sit here daily debating the
various technologies we are presented with
not to establish polities, name names,
bronze shoes, or create new cults of personality.
We are comparing our experiences and various
backgrounds to come to understandings of
the application boundaries of these technologies
so we may present to our customers and the
net community at large, coherent explanations
of how to choose among these.

Entities such as XML.COM attempt to make sense
of this, and others such as ZDNET proseletyze.
It does become confusing and when it does,
we come back to XML-Dev and discuss what we
know, what we remember, and what we believe.
Among all that, we tend to sort out the right
answers.

And the next day, we do it again.  It's all good.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h