Re: DTD formal syntax

I think James Anderson and Jelks Cabaniss have given me what I was
looking for.

However for those of you I have confused let me try again. I want a
program that reads a DTD, say
<!ELEMENT Record (Field1, Field2) >
<!ELEMENT Field1 (#PCDATA) >
<!ELEMENT Field2 (#PCDATA) >
parses it and then puts up a window/form/input screen/whatever
that says what do you want for Field1. You say abc. It says what
do you want for Field2. You say def. The program then produces
<Record>
<Field1>abc</Field1>
<Field2>def</Field2>
</Record>
Except, of course, I want it to deal with most any DTD. Like I said
XMLSpy (and probably others I am unaware of) provides this,
but I want more control over the data entry format.

Jim Mehl