Re: XML 1.0 Conformance Test Results

> I think that the logical course would be to require that all PIs (before
> or within the DTD) be reported in document order.  [...]

> Anything else would seem to drop the requirements of the XML spec
> that PIs be reported.

I don't think that's really relevant.  This canonical form exists only
for the purpose of testing, and should be whatever is convenient for
that purpose.

> PIs within the
> DTD would be either before or after the declarations.

If they're going to be output then before the declarations makes most
sense, since I guess that most parsers that can report PIs in the DTD
do so during parsing of the DTD, whereas the definitions of notations
and entities may not be available until after the whole DTD has been
processed.

-- Richard