Re: Verboseness - XML Syntax for XQuery 1.0 (XQueryX)

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 09:59:03AM +0100, Dylan Walsh wrote:

> >Maybe it all comes down to design goal #10 of XML:
> >
> >	10. Terseness in XML markup is of minimal importance.
>
> ... which contradicts your complaint about XSLT.

Actually, I think it goes against the goal of a compact, easy to
read/write query language, encoded in XML. It just takes people longer
to read and understand a piece of code, when it's spread over more lines.

Best regards,

Vassilis.

P.S. Of course terseness can go too far sometimes - see APL!