Re: More Conformance Test suite questions

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your response.

> "When an XML processor recognizes a reference to a parsed entity, in order
> to validate the document, the processor must include its replacement text."
>
> So, I suggest you only need to read external entities when they are
> referenced.

Assuming the above to be correct, it raises the obvious question as to why
your validator allowed the test to pass. It wasn't in the original list of
problems you posted - was it?  Or is the test actually still in error despite
this - for some reason that currently escapes me.

cheers,

gary