RE: XML Linking 1.0 and XML Base become W3C Recommendations

RDDL [1] fits the bill, in my mind. A very novel, useful, and yet simple
application of XLink. Jonathan Borden has provided an open source Java
implementation [2], and I see references to a C# API there on the site, as
well (though I haven't checked out the latter).

[1] http://www.rddl.org/
[2] http://www.openhealth.org/RDDL/rddl.jar