Re: XML and SGML

Rod Davison wrote:

> I think XML has benefitted from the open source movement in terms of making
> tools available -- the price tags on SGML stuff was horrendous.

No question. That's one of the nice things about XML - you change your syntax a
bit and lo and behold, there are free or cheap tools overflowing from every desk.

> By the way -- just an interesting observation -- I live just down the street
> from the Omnimark head office -- it's comforting knowing that if I ever need
> them in the middle of the night, they're right there.

You probably would get many of them in the middle of the night, though you might
not be so confident if you tried at 9:00 am...;-)

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au
       - Einstein