From: Dimiter Naydenov [mailto:bluelight@omega.bg]
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2001 11:27 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: XSD Support in MSXML ?

Hello,

I'm new to XML and I was reading about it for a few days. Now I'm
experimenting with something (using XML schemas) but can't figure out if
MSXML 3.0 supports the XSD-style schemas (not only the MS-specific
XML-Data).

What I'm doing wrong ? Here are my XML and Schema file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<test xmlns:test="http://www.test.org/"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.test.org/ test.xsd">

  <block name="b1">text</block>

</test>

The Schema:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
targetNamespace="http://www.test.org/" xmlns="http://www.test.org/">
  <xsd:element name="test" type="xsd:integer"/>
</xsd:schema>

The definition of <test> intentionally is set to "integer". Isn't it normal
for a validating parser to return an error, because <test> is not defined as
"integer" in the XML file ?

Why then IE 5.01 (with MSXML 3.0 SP1) doesn't report an error and just
displays the XML as if it was no schema ?

I hope someone can help me figure this out !
Dimiter Naydenov