Re: XML DOM

> I'm having a little trouble finding information on the W3C XML DOM. There is
> such a thing, right? All I get hits on seem to be Microsoft sites. Can
> someone point me to somewhere nonproprietary?

See the W3C spec ... conceptually DOM consists of

    - core ... most of the "XML DOM"
    - html ... core + lots of convenience functions
    - xml ... core + incompete DTD supportand PIs

Plus beginning with DOM "Level" 2, lots of additional modules that
mostly are independent of html or xml.

Yes there's a lot of MSFT-specific stuff, and MSFT hasn't bothered
to make their docs call out which things are proprietary.  Bindings for
COM are not standard.

- Dave