RE: XPath implementation

Yeah, you're right.

There is a current W3C initiative to define an XPath implementation on
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-DOM-Level-3-XPath-20010618/ but AFAIK there is
no implementation yet.

What I did to work around this problem is a generic wrapping interface for
XPath expressions, and implementations that use the Xalan XPath engine,
Caucho's implementation (excellent, see www.caucho.com), or any future
implementation.

Regards,
Nicolas