Re: Where does a parser get the replacement text for a characterreference?

Lars Marius Garshol scripsit:

> The Unicode standard does subdivide the the privat use area into
> different parts for different uses but I don't know enough about this
> to say much more.

Not really.  It merely suggests that individuals allocate characters from
the bottom of the space upwards, and corporations allocate from the top
of the space downwards.  The ConScript Unicode Registry, which is probably
the largest (in code points) user of the PUA, allocates mostly from the
bottom upwards, but Klingon had already been allocated by the Linux
people from the top downwards, and we left that alone.

One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore
	--Douglas Hofstadter