RE: XML Blueberry

HUGHES,MARK (Non-HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <mark_hughes@non.hp.com>  wrote:
> It looks to me like the restricted NameChar is just SGML legacy cruft.
>I don't see how it improves the format.

Data corruption happens in the non-ASCII world, probably because the
charset is mistaken.  Without the restricted NameChar, XML parsers
are happy to swallow such corrupted documents and create a correupted
database, WWW pages, etc.  Restrictions on NameChar forces conforming
XML processors to detect such corrupted documents.

Cheers,

Makoto