Re: participating communities (was XML Blueberry)

"Meanwhile, the existing XML code keeps working."

What would prohibit it from continuing to work in either case?  Seems to
me that a superset of allowable characters is backward compatible with
the existing specification.  And besides, that's what version numbers
are for.

The last thing anyone should want to do is fragment XML, because it
defeats the overwhelming benefit of XML, that being the ability to
interchange data in a brain-dead easy fashion.  The last thing I want to
hear anyone say is that it's perfectly ok to have an incompatible custom
implementation of XML.   I think we've seen enough history of splintered
standards turning our lives into living hells.

--Tom