RE: building an object model of a XML schema

I am working on something similar, in Perl as a prototype and later maybe on C++.
Julius
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Brennan [mailto:Michael_Brennan@allegis.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 1:59 PM
To: 'Adriano Venturini'; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: building an object model of a XML schema

I haven't really seen much for this. You can check out Castor, though: http://castor.exolab.org/  It's the one tool I know of for this sort of thing. If you find anything else, let me know.
-----Original Message-----
From: Adriano Venturini [mailto:venturi@itc.it]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 7:03 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: building an object model of a XML schema

Hi all,
I have defined a set of schemas that model the data model of our project.
We use the schemas for validating purpose, but we need also to programmatically read the schema and to understand the structure of a document compliant with the schema.
For example, given a schema model that contains  a LODGING_SERVICE  element that contains three elements: NAME, LOCATION and COST,
I need an API that returns  this structure, along with the datatypes of the NAME, the LOCATION and the COST fields (i.e. like a data dictionary of an RDBMS ).
Obviously I could use an XML parser, but I would implement a very limitated component.

Is there any library that read a schema and provide an object model of the schema itself ?

Thanks in advance,

Adriano Venturini

ITC-irst
Electronic Commerce and Tourism Research Laboratory
via Sommarive 18, 38050 Povo (TN)
Italy
http://ectrl.itc.it/