Re: Just a Little Explanaton for Veering (RE: Blueberry/Unicode/ XML)

Rick Jelliffe scripsit:

> In half a dozen visits to Japan, three years in Taiwan, and visits to
> several other countries in Asia, I have never had anything but encourage and
> support that this was important, useful, and worth persuing.
>
> Where are the calls from third-world countries:
> "Don't make technology easier for us please"?

<sarcasm>But of course this only applies to commercially important languages,
which already had national character sets that made it into Unicode 2.0
instead of having to wait.  Piddling little countries (and little
minorities in big countries like China and Canada) can just suffer.</sarcasm>

Thanks.

One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore
	--Douglas Hofstadter