RE: How could SGML help? (was RE: Blueberry/Unicode/XML)

Mahler and deRose provide a slide presentation at

http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/xlink9805/tsld001.htm

"XML and XLink for the SGML-Knowledgeable (or, How to Go from SGML Geek to
XML Geek in One Day)"

which has a section in it on the SGML Declaration for XML and
other XML as SGML subset decisions including the ISO8879
ammendment that enables XML as legal SGML.   If you aren't
familiar with the Declaration, it is fairly hairy stuff for
the novice, but Goldfarb's SGML Handbook (pg 450 etc) provides a
precise description.  Somewhere out there as I dimly recall,
there is an SGML Declaration per the ammendment for XML.

AH.  http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-sgml-xml-971215

Clark as usual.

See also

http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/xml-dev-May-1998/0110.html