RE: Two different sets of experiences about non-English identifiers

At 02:45 13-07-2001, Peter Jacobi wrote:
>Hi Don, All,
> >  A Korean bank, which decided two years ago to use native tag
> > names companywide, now has to merge with an American bank, some heads will
> > roll when the CEO is faced with the bill.

I missed the original post, which I assume from Peter's intro was from Don
Park.

If the Korean bank is using a standard financial document type, then the
element type names should be standard.  No problem.

If the Korean bank is using a standard financial document type but with
localized element type names, then the transformation is trivial.  No problem.

If the Korean bank made up their own document type and needs to merge this
information with the American bank's information, then this is going to be
a pain in the neck *regardless* of the element type names - serious
analysis is needed to determine the mapping between the structures.

In this case, the language of the markup is irrelevant.

-Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden, XML Consultant