Need info on XML Schemas

hi guys !

    I need some information regarding parsing of xml schemas .
    In my application i need a java handle to create , manipulate and interpret  .xsd Schema files.

    As a part of my application(a Swing Tool)  i need to store a Property  created by a user.
    A Property is a name value pair which is of a specified  type  (String ,Integer etc) and the
    values it can take can be constrained.
    Relations among instances of the same property and different properties is also possible.

   so whenever a user creates a new property i want to create a new .xsd file which
   will represent  the property .

   The reasons doing so being:
    i) the property type and the constraints can together be defined using a complex type of schemas.
    ii) one Property containing the other property  can also be represented  using a schema.

    my question is , is my approach towards using a .xsd file not just for validation but somthing else correct?
    and are there any existing parsers so that i dont have to reinvent the wheel.

-Harish Dontineni