RE: Two different sets of experiences about non-English identifie rs

This is easy.  SGML preserves options using the SGML
Declaration.  The options have costs and require skill
to handle.  XML is simpler but it removes the options.
In SGML, Blueberry is a non-issue for Blueberry users
because the way to handle it is defined.  It is an
international standard created with these problems
in mind.  XML is not an international standard.  It
is a vendor consortium product subset from an international
standard to ensure the business goals of the
consortium members are met.

This isn't complex or muffled.  It is a matter of
priorities.  Blueberry can be seen as a test not
of XML technology, but of the W3C's priorities.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h